Friday, February 12, 2010

Life Part 2

It was 30th Jan 2010, i landed in London. I had taken an emirates through dubai. I had no feeling. I have been living out of my home for 10 years now. I miss family and home, but i take it as a matter of fact that life has to move on and more comfortably you adapt to it better it is. I just told myself i am 9 hours away from home and i earn enough to visit back India every month, so its ok.
The country is cold and i felt that i would freeze. I came out to take my company cab, my taxi driver was an asian, he asked me a few questions and said, madame, you will like this country.. have you been here before? I said, yes, but not to live. :)
I entered into the YMCA, got the keys of my room which was warm and cosy and slept off. I saw all Indian faces and nothing was very different but for the fact that everything around me was running. I was calm and composed and as always thinking on what next and how. I needed a cell to connect. I needed to call up my freinds and i needed to make new friends.

I met a girl at bfast table and connected. She taught me how to travel through tube and that was the starting point of my survival stint in this city. I have gone long way in two weeks. I kind of learned to find my way, figure out which soup or bread to stuff in to live and have made some friends for life. I like to learn about new culture, i like to meet new people. Everything about this place is an experience and learning. Its good to come out and survive in international location for some years and then think next in life. I miss my home, i miss the simplicity of my country and people. My first day in Canary Wharf, i looked out of the window from 15th floor sipping my cup of tea and looked around at the upper bank street. I saw people in black moving fast from one place to others, i saw empty floors and some buzzing with life.. Suddenly a thought crossed my mind, this is the place of competition, money, intelligence.. It lost millions in last 2-3 years and there must have been so many who lost their dreams jobs, money and life in the battle.. Here, i am, standing amidst the disaster in the business of making money and determination to make myself visible in the crowd of the black dots moving from one place to other. All the Best to myself and i know its important to be more than a dot in life. :)

1 comment:

Rags to Riches said...

All the very best Garima ! And Welcome to London !!! I have been following your Blog for quite some time now and felt really good to know that u r in the Britain to make it Great !!! :)