Thursday, August 25, 2011

Learnings in life!!

It is amazing how less we know about ourselves. And how end up losing to ourselves some of the unkown battles of life.. This is about an experience i had few months back.. i went for a buffet with some friends.. laughing and chatting on some things which mattered and some that dint.. there was a debate on what is that unavoidable quality in someone we really like.. no one knows.. so, there were some generic answers that came out.. on smartness, intelligence, compassion.. blah blah.. and then i happned to get up to take a second serving ( hungry as ever, yours truly:)).. i did not notice who was infront of me, i simply queued.. suddenly, a very kind looking and caring face turned towards me, you seem to be hungry?? i smiled, i said yes; had a long day.. and to the best gesture that anyone had ever done to me in last 10 years, the person turned and said how about me helping you choose the dishes that are good and also filling your plate along with mine.. i could not say anything, i followed silently.. i dont know what followed in my plate as my head was simply nodding, my mind was thinking how as a child i used to be chatter box and had it not been for papa consciously putting something in my plate, i would have filled my stomach with talks every night.. :) like everything else, this had to end, so it ended and i came back to my world with a plate full of best food..
it was my turn to talk, and God had told me the answer which i never thought was really my answer few minutes back.. i shouted: kindness, ability to think of others just the way you think for yourself and sometimes understanding that there is some other self who needs to take your thrill moment because his or her happiness will just add to yours.. the sexiest thing in life my dear friends, is a beautiful mind which shows in the patience in your voice, in the cure of your touch and your ability to drive your intelligence to bring out the best in everything around you.. i really had a plate full of best food and it had an effect which 1000 words could have never had on me.. :)

No comments: