Monday, November 10, 2008

My dream is to fly, like a rainbow so high!!

These are my last few months in ISB and i want to use all facilities and enjoy to the fullest. I have no clue what life has in store for me and i care a damn. Had visited almost all possible airbase stations near places where papa was posted. I was soooo excited to see the flying objects that dad never missed an opportunity to take me to flying stations.
Yesterday was a continuation of those days. I visited Rajiv Gandhi aviation academy in Hyd with some of my batchmates- Hardeep, Vaithy, Mrinal, Gaurav, Sabin, Vivek etc..
Gaurav, who has been a flight instructor earlier showed us the cockpit of cessna. He explained the instruments which show altitude, alignment and direction setting for the aircraft. Cessna is a light weight aircraft which has basic flying functionalities. It has capacity for keeping 2-4 people seated.
All in all it was my first technical understanding of an aircraft. Prior to this i has always marvelled at the flying object without knowing how people drive it. :)

2 comments:

Rishi Gajbhiye said...

Garima, I can understand how great an experience is to be in air that too in sky...I had one when I was in NCC Airwing. And I am sure, you might have joined the "Hifliers" at ISB by Lieutenant Colonel Gourav Ray from Indian Army...Yaar aap to waise bhi aasmaan me ho...without a plane...he he he...keep up your spirits...

Bond

Garima Ganeriwala said...

Yes, this is courtesy Hifliers.. I havent flown a cessna yet, will do it one of these weekends.. :)