Saturday, November 14, 2009

There is something about people who fly.. :)

The week that went by was awesome in some sense. I met almost all the people who fly. I met a friend of mine who is a pilot in kingfisher, then my best pal and a another pilot friend.
I love my friend who is pilot with kighfisher for some very intended reasons - a) She is always smiling, come what may b) she is always positive come what may c) There is too much life all around her.. We just decided to stroll on the MG road and try some kerela delicacy.. She was in Bangalore for some flight simulation trainigs and as always she did not want to leave the city without meeting me.. As usual, she sorted a lot of questions which keep lingering on my mind..
Next day was my best pal, he is not exactly a pilot, but owing to his fancy job, he keeps flying almost every 4 days.. There was this huge stock on talks i had, that i dont like to work beyond 8 hours, that sometimes i feel i dont know what am i doing and what i want, that there are a 100 things i have no clue about.. And as always he just puts it all on rest by saying that nothing is worth the lovely smile on your face, so if 8 hours of work is what you want, 9th hour is not you.. if you dont know what you are doing, just dont bother doing it.. :) as always i feel pampered with my pal around, because all things have just one solution, nothing is worth your happiness.. Not that good words solve anything in life, but sometimes thats all you want..
Third was this dude i met while coming back from delhi last time on airport. He is a pilot and we ended up talking and hence becoming friends. He flew to bangalore and like being a good frend he called me and said we should meet. We had a long discussion on how he flies and whats it that he njoys most in his profession and why did he want to be a pilot. And then he asked me, "So, why MBA? Why sales? What's you?".. For a change i had nothing to speak.. i was smiling.. i just said, "You know there is something about people who fly.. I fly like you do, in my own world..I am free... I am an MBA and sales because i like to fly, but then there are multiple things that i see from height, which look upapproachable to me, i feel good that i am above all that, but someday i will just fly down to touch them all.. thats what i am.."
We both laughed at my confusing explanation, but then i insisted that it made a lot of sense and in the end he agreed that there is something about people who fly, and that the thrill to move up in life gets distracted when you look down in life, but then you just know you have taken off and someday you will go back.. :)

No comments: