Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Of fumes and highs........

One of the days which leaves a lot of things to think of. It was a meeting few months back with some old college pals. Time to talk of gone days and discuss where life has landed us. After a long time we decided to meet. The meeting was scheduled at Pizza Hut and everyone was excited to see everyone after years. There is a spontaniety in relations which you build during schools and colleges, you always know that its fun to be with each other.
However, things had changed, for some people it was for good and for some, i had a question mark. We headed for coffee day post lunch to spend some time discussing professional life and personal life. Some old memories, some new. Suddenly two of the gals got up to smoke and two more joined. Evident on face was the expression that look we can smoke. :)
Somehow, i have been exposed to smokers, drinkers and druggers all through my college life, but it never intrigued me, i never thought that an addiction could make me look cooler or could help me impress people. Its not that i look down upon smoker, but i surely know that here is a person who is slave to situations and circumstances. I smile at them not because i am impressed, but because i feel sad that they have nothing more to boast of.
I think it depends a lot on your surroundings and your brought up. All my life, i was given freedom of choice. Every little thing that i wanted to do and experiment, i knew no one would stop me. The very fact that i am free to do good or bad, i will be only made aware of consequences, made me think twice before i headed for something. I knew i had no one to blame but for myself. Also, i had learned that cool is a person who has brain which works for good and who can impress people with his/her words and personality. There isnt a second external factor needed to be impressive.
When i see smokers burning people's lungs, drunkers falling on roads and druggers in high, i just smile and want to say one thing, " If you can not stand in your senses, can not bear with the energy in your own nerves, can not stand the thoughts of your mind, you are not cool, you weakness is coming out in form of fumes and is visible to all. " :)

So, i say, thanks for the offer, but i think i am happy and i love myself, i dont think i need a high to step into a different world, because my real world is beautiful and i can make it better.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Good thoughts.

I dont particularly have problems with people who drink, as they just are spoiling their own system. But smoking on the other hands affects me.

Its literally "paiso ka dhuaan bana ke udana"