Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Children..

It was a normal day after a hectic week.. I just closed my eyes after end to end calls to gather myself back and dont know why, a thought hit me in my head; something told me i will be rich and successful.. i have no clue why that came to my mind, but it did and something tells me i have always known it, never wanted it, but headed towards it with complete calm and i will get there.. i freaked out with my closed eyes.. this is precisely what i dreaded, all the while life was conspiring for this.. but why? why will this happen and what is the purpose of this life.. some memories flashed infront of my eyes.. it took me to some of the worst aspects of life which left me shaken.. my visit to orphanage in Bangalore where kids did not know what being loved means, they ofcourse dont miss it, coz they dont know what it is.. the innocence in the eyes of 8 year old newspaper seller on new year night who was happy to see so many lights and people on street at night, happy to sell newspapers, he obviously did not know what childhood means.. it kept on getting complicated by every minute when i opened my eyes.. i packed my bags and headed to home, i was not at peace, something was wrong in the day.. there was conflict in my mind on what i was trying to achieve and what i needed to accomplish.. they are not disconnected, one is needed for other.. but i need to find the other and leverage first to make progress..

i have always felt passionately about "happy childhood" being a fundamental right to be granted to all.. i feel its the moral responsibility of human race to let every life live and enjoy its innocence till he is prepared to take on the big bad world.. nothing hurts me more than seeing a child who is hungry, not warm and working or someone who matures at that age to know what does not work.. i feel it is unfair to kill the hopes and foundation of life in someone who can not fight it back.. child needs to be a child and we as grown ups need to ensure that it is protected.. we need to give them all standard growth platform and bring them to a racing track from where they take off and create their space..for every happy child that is in home, we need to make sure that there is another who gets his childhood back and gets to live and grow exactly similar way.. unfortunately, i dont know the way today, i never knew the way to anything but i do manage to find way once i know the destination..
for now friends, i know we all are rich and successful enough to read out a story to a sad child,make his new year special,fund his nutrition and diet for an year, ensure an year's education for a child and reaffirm his hope in life and the fact that God did not do injustice to his life when he was helpless and innocent to build it for himself.. do make that extra effort to be successful in making this world a better place..

2 comments:

Abhi said...

Garima,

your post brought tears to my eyes. have always felt the same and you put it down beautifully.

the purest of the moments are when children are happy with their innocence allowed to bloom.

hope we will see the day when children don't have to bear the burden of the reality of poverty and abuse.

abhishek

sanzzz said...

Its the kind of brain one in millions has; i have always felt it, seen it prove me right and it only gets better by the day.. you have a beautiful mind.. again, as always you never enter in loss making deal; your returns in life are assured and 100 times than anyones; for every little story read, you will be showered with trust and love.. :)