Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Reading Diaries..

So, i work for Energy Majors and life at that end is very different, its away from world, but very close to nature.. One of my usual visits these days is to a river side town Reading which head quarters some IT giants and then energy giants too.. I like travelling and this indeed is teaching me a lot.. :)
So, from day 1 of figuring out my way, to finding out my favs on the usual track is a journey i covered in last few days.. It was my first trip and i noticed that Thames Valley Park has lush green meadows with river running behind.. I was out of a meeting, day was almost ending and i wanted to open my shoes, walk on the grass, sit by river side and do nothing.. BUT, i told myself, control, understand that work day is over but this is still near office, what if someone recognizes you and thinks you are mad.. i queued, waiting for a taxi to pass by.. boom, there came two teenagers with a lovely dog.. "Excuse me! Do you know how to reach the meadows, and that river?".. "Ya, you cross the road and walk for few minutes, its right there.. Can i also come??" (Yours truly, i dont have very strong mind when it comes to such things:)).. So, me, two teenies and a dog.. we went to the river side, had a long walk and talk, till one of them asked me, where do you come from?? Oops, London, i need to take a train back.. interesting day; i loved every moment of it.. I decided that i needed to stay in a small town and also buy a cute dog at some later stage in life.. Lesson learnt part 1...
Today was another day.. While coming back from Reading last evening, i saw a little ice cream shop which intrigued me everytime i passed by.. i wanted to have an ice cream to come out of hectic last week which had left me sleepless.. i wanted, so i did get in.. the shop was beautiful, had candies, cholocates, lovely pastries and a small counter for ice creams.. the counter boy was cute and smiley, he helped me choose the ice cream i loved and i walked out.. Today, i remembered at 3 PM, that i had nothing to eat since morning.. i got dragged to the same shop.. as i stood on the counter waiting for my soup and sandwich, the lady on the counter asked, " what do you do?".. i do blah blah blah.. She cuts me short, "do you like it?".. yes, why do you ask that?? Well, i had a big business and i was lucky to be able to sell everything and open a chocolate and ice cream shop where i love all of my customers and i love the sandwich that i will make for you now, you know i love my job.. And i felt like asking this to you, coz the way you looked at my chocolates and ice creams, i thought you will own a shop like this one day.. :).. I smiled with no words; i did look at her shop with admiration a day back, it looked so made with own hands, small and beautiful.. i did think for a moment that i wish i had a shop like that..

Sure, may be someday lovely lady and i know i met you for a reason today, i believe in destiny :).. At one end there are meetings and numbers, at other there is simplicity, nature and contentment.. i find both in one destination.. :)

No comments: