Monday, November 14, 2011

The Kathi Roll company.. :)

This is must try place for all Indians in London.. I still remember deep craving for some good food(read spices and hot meal) in London when Sanzz took me to this small lil shop in oxford street.. Those were first few days in London and i used to miss everything.. In the neck deep work, i had survived on sandwiches for a week.. So, with tears in my eyes, home on my mind and food to be the only practical solution to my rescue, i called my childhood friend, "Yaar, mujhe ghar jana hai. :P (nth time in one week, wonder from where do real friends get the tolerance:))".. "Hmm, how about dinner at a good place and then let us see if you want to go home?".. "Ya, i need food too, i am starving, i did not choose to be a model, i chose to eat and be merry, life is not heading in right direction..".. "Alright, we fix the starving problem and ething else after that?".. Yep..
So, we sat with a list of places to eat in and finally decided to relive some desi moments by visiting this small shop in street.. The ambience reminded me of college days, there was nothing fancy about it, my friend offered to choose best roll in the place for me and i trusted.. This place serves roti rolls with veg and non veg fillings.. wait, thats not the best part, they serve it with green chutney which is like a treat in the otherwise bland country.. Rest is history.. With every bite of roll, issues in my life started getting solved.. after 2 rolls life seemed to be ok and full ..:P
this has been one of my fav places to eat in since then, i can say once in a week is not really a lot.. the food here is simple AND TASTY, menu is minimal, people on counter are very friendly and its as rugged as it can get to let you be and not get killed with sophistication.. Yeah, you can laugh, talk, there is background music which gives it college canteen feel.. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.. There aren't many aunthentic Indian tasting places in London.. this one is a must try.. it can solve many issues at hand in your life with just one roll and no i am not paid for advertising for them, there are many like me who will endorse them.. :)

No comments: