Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Complicated Story!!

Its kind of a sad day. I get a call from one of my friends to say i am getting divorced. I was surprised, these are people who were totally in love, they fought with the whole world to get married and it did not even take an year for them to change the opinion. But then this wasnt the first time i was hearing it. This is common for people and many of my friends give me this great news. However, i wanted to analyze. Why do people start hating the people they love? Is it all that easy? Or there was no love to start with. I am kind of wierd. I need reason for somethings in life and love for sure is not on sale in my life, i need rock solid reason for commitment. I get surprised when people get married just like that. I mean if you are tying yourself to a contract like "marriage", you must know why. Its not one of those college time affairs you can do away with, its too much of publicity to deny in life. :D
Alright, what did X tell me about her boy friend when they started dating. He is damn cool and he is just too good (He has money, we watch some boring movies together coz we have nothing better to do, his family hates me, he is willing to leave them (basically when i qualify to be his family, he will leave me too), last but not the least he told me i love you 100 times(Good, nothing else in the story tells me that he does, so good that he tells that.. )). Hmmm, this is subjective, so the girl X never really knew what was so attractive about the dude, but then nevertheless they just went ahead and got married. And then its the first fight, "Why the hell did i marry you?" Wow, thats the question you needed to ask before converting your designer boy friend into husband buddy. Exactly this.
Its surprising, many people enter into commitments because of weakness to be with someone. But in the end what tears them apart is the "space issue". And what surprises me the most is that this is a lot of sensible and educated people. If small things mattered so much in life, if individual space was so important, then they did not have to give it up by getting into a privacy infringement contract called marriage. It is not a rule in life. If you dont want someone, you just dont want him or her, but not after making a decision of spending rest of your life together. This is something you needed to know before, now its not an option, you have closed the deal, till other party breaks the basic laws.
This looks strange to me. All i learned through out my education was to hang on in odd times. I also learned that in life everyone makes decisions, some good and some bad, but then decisions are decisions, we all need to live with them. I so remember what Papa always told me, "Know what you want before taking any decision, its ok to let go of things which you dont find convincing while you are analyzing them, but once you have made a decision, know that you will own it and there is no one else to blame."
Lots of things went on in my mind after i listened to my friend. I did not know who was right and who was wrong and i also did not know if i would have been any better than my friend. I just thought of one thing, do we really have options in relations? There are people whose parents shout at them, do they leave them and find a new set? Almost all of us fight like mosters with our siblings, sometimes hitting with bats, do we leave each other because of that? No, because our mind just knows, this is it, good or bad, by the end of the day, these are the people i first saw when i opened my eyes and there is no one in this world who can replace them. Then why do people leave the people they love? I am not the emotional kinds. I am someone who leaves things at the drop of a hat if i dont like them, but then there are a set of people i love. I dont think i have ego when it comes to them and i dont think there is anything i hide or boast about infront of them. I know that people who love you will hurt you the most because you let them do so. But then they are there to stay. I dont think they are an option in my life. They just exist. I will shout, fight, yell, complain, but then thats it. There isnt any way out.

So, in the end i just know this:
A) If you love someone you cant leave him or her. B) If you have managed to leave him or her, there was nothing called love, so just stop crying and enjoy life, dont call it a divorce, its just a reality bite.

No comments: