Monday, January 7, 2008

Being Ambitious!!

I have always liked best for life. I liked to study and differentiate. I did not start as the class topper, but i was always one who would study four books for one topic and write my heart out in question papers. No one but for papa appreciated these original writings and spirit to read and read concepts from four perspectives. He encouraged me to do this, while people who read one book ten times, kept on topping, i kept on reading from four books the same concept. Papa wanted me to able to talk about every law and every concept and every idea that came to my mind. He would never sleep without talking to me for sometime. He used to tell me about his work, how he handled issues in a day and also ask me about what i did. It was a habit to discuss every wild thought and every crazy idea. He appreciated and encouraged every silly thing. His strategy was simply, he will set my spirits free to think and explore. :) For me everything was fun and experiment.
DU happened. College time was fun. Lots of people and different perspective. I landed up into a job. While working, something crept into my mind. There are no four perspectives, there is no free spirit. I want to build on my mental capital and earn on this independently rather than anyone else using me. Hmm.. So, ISB happened. People ask question. Investment banking, Consulting, GM???????? I am like i dont know. Nothing may be. :) ?????????????????????????????? NOTHING?????????????? Yes, why not. A free spirit is slave to none. I might not attach myself to a brand post ISB. I might want to be a writer, a columnist, a reviewer, a coach, nething. Is that not a career?
Hmm. may be i am a little less ambitious. But for me ISB is a brand and learning that helps me stand independent. I should be a brand myself rather than working for a brand in time to come.

Years back i asked papa what do you want me to become? He said anything that makes you happy, but remember, you need to be unique because you are my princess. :)

4 comments:

Bornloser said...

nice blog.... u seem to an ardent blogger... allow me to add u to my blog list :)

Garima Ganeriwala said...

Please do add me :)

Goutham Chakravarthi L S said...

"I studied to diffentiate." Gosh, I thought I was abnormal!

Unknown said...

Great post. I dont know what to comment. But it was good read.