Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Back Pack from Bangalore!! :)

This is about Bangalore. Its last 15 days in this city. I remember first time when i landed in Bangalore. I had never been to southern part of India, so it was my first tryst to a different state. Things were normal. Bangalore is a truly cosmopolitan city. Not even once in last 4 years did i feel that i was in a part of country which was not known to me.
Its been almost 4 years now. Now that i am wrapping up my things, i realize that i love this city. I have seen many colors of life here. A good set of friends, lots of work, nice weather, extreme emotions and one of the worst phases of my life. Its all over. I have evolved and survived everything to move on into a new phase of life. As i pack my stuff, i look at everything that is mine. Its about the curtains, the dvd, the microwave, the walls, the TV,books,clothes. Each one has a story to tell but then i know i have to give them away and move on. Thats what life is all about.
I dont know what am i heading towards, but what i leaving behind is equally good. This life was good, but then i am never satisfied and i wanted to do better in life. This had to come to an end, i was getting comfortable in this life.
As i sit down to settle my papers, i see some greetings, some visiting cards and some home delivery food palmphlets, and there is a curve on my lips. Yes, i love my friends. The way they would come to my home and demand food, watch TV as if it was their property, crack jokes, download music on net, go out for dinners, talk about ages and years( some of them are my childhood friends), stealing away my books and who is good fight between boys and gals, and yes, i have been irrational when things went wrong, but nothing changed in them. They were always the same, they never left me, not even for a moment, not even when i gave them all reasons to. And i know how lucky i am to have them. Its about the fights we had on chocolates, about the color black, about why they called me all india radio coz i talked a lot and about ice creams with a walk in night. We all are doing very well in life but i dont remember us discussing work often. If someone has an issue at work, we will go all the way to make things light and normal, but otherwise, we had millions of things to talk of.
I remember when i had a severe throat infection. I could not speak and even sleep. My friend used to stay over and make fun of my voice. We laughed, but then i also know that she woke up at midnight to tell me that she wanted to read a book, that was more to make me feel normal because i could not sleep. :)
Its all over? I dont know where will we all go. Suddenly i want to sit and cry, but then i will not. I am ruthlessly practical, i am not emotional anymore. I value everything, but nothing enough to hurt me. I will let it all go with a smile. But just to say friends, you all have been the best part of my life and you are as important to me as anything could ever get. I will be there for you, whenever and whereever you need me.
Here is a teddy that i got. I like it because i love it. Its soft and white and big with a cute smile. It wears a frock and has a bow. When i scored a 580 in my GMAT mock, i looked at my teddy and said read it as 700+ and nothing less and there are no second attempts in my life. It was smiling and i hugged it. And when i wrote my essays for ISB, i told my teddy, how much self boasting does it need, it smiled. And when i went for ISB interview, a day before i blurted out all my answers infront of teddy and asked was i good? It smiled. I got ISB sms, i said you think i should check out the sms? It could be a reject in which case we will cry and accept, in which case we will watch a dvd of FRIENDS. It smiled. So, i learned one big thing from teddy, keep a constant expression, things will come and go. BTW, its still smiling and i am not leaving this in Bangalore. This is going to go to my nephew because both of them smile irrespective of the seriousness of the issue at hand.

Yep, its all packed. Its just two weeks. I have learned to move on. I have learned to give everything my best shot and keep a constant expression irrespective of which direction things move. I dont have a balance sheet of life and i dont keep accounts of happy and sad moments, but i am sure they balance out, i come out happy. I am a survivor. Thanks to everyone who came and went in my life. Thanks to people for coming across my way and teaching me a thing or two, but we are crossing the same path too often. I need to go to a new path, i need to meet new strangers and learn. It was good here and it will be good out there. The point is, i have one life, i have to keep moving till i discover my goal. I am exploring life and each phase is full of surprises. I have packed my good memories and stored them safely. I am leaving bad memories as they are too much of weight and courier charges are sky rocketing. I am sorry, i dont have money for non sense as i am jobless for next one year, only good things can move on in my journey called "life".
Remember, i attach to all good things in life. Good people, good thoughts, good food, good clothes, good work, good movies, good books, good ice creams, good babies, good education, good good good. There is nothing bad in my life, i leave them all behind. :D

1 comment:

sanzzz said...

You get what you give in life. Everyone loves you for a reason. You are leaving Bangalore and nothing else. This is wonderfully written, specially the part on keeping constant emotions. :)