Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Memory Game..

This is about a human who is more forgetful than any existing piece of life on this earth- Me.
I want to dedicate this blog to the kind of things i forget to do. I feel its not normal anymore. I FORGET every damn thing. The story started with forgetting my cell phone in hotels, coffee shops and i dont know what all locations. I thought i was just not bothered about cell phone, so i kind of forget. ( Despite everthing, it has managed to come back to me, i have never lost a cell phone.:))
Second incident happened few days back when i was going back home for a vacation.I had packed my luggage and i was supposed to come early from office, pick my luggage and head for airport. I kept my laptop and moved on for my home. ( I stay 20+ kms away from office. ) While i was sitting in bus in my own dream world, i realized that i need to open the door of my house to pick my luggage, but the keys were in office drawer. Oops! I have 60 minutes to catch the flight. I can not go back. I have tickets and i have money, and i have the pair of clothes, i am in. OK! Bhai, i am coming back home with nothing. I headed for airport with tickets and nothing else.
My mum said, now that you have forgotten keys once, you will never forget them again. I said yes mum, you trust me a LOT. I came back from vacations with new clothes (;), there ARE some benefits of forgetting, like you get all new clothes. It was hardly 10 days that i reached back home again to realize that i left keys in office. I called up my friend and stayed over at her place as it was already too late to go back 20 kms away from the city. :(
I thought forgetting is normal, but its getting worse with me with every passing day. Two days back i met a guy, he came to me and smiled, so how are you doing? I looked at him and i said i am fine, but i am sorry, i dont think i remember you. he said we met at XYZ's bday treat and we talked for 2 hours. I said ok yes, how have you been? ( I still dont remember his name. :()

Today was heights people. I FORGOT MY LAPTOP AT HOME and started for office. After travelling for about 15 mins, i realized that i did not have the machine on which i am supposed to work ( I was listening to FM when it struck me.) . I ran to stop the bus, everyone in bus amazed at what was the issue, when one guy said, you forgot your laptop? HA HA HA! I was almost into tears, i looked at him and said yes i did. I got down from bus, came back home and missed the last bus to reach office which is 20 kms away. Next bus was supposed to be after 2 hours. I was crying now. And this time it was hurting me. Why does this happen with me God. I looked at Baristaa and went in it to think over a sandwich. I went in and ordered a sandwich, the counter boy said plz pay later, i said take it now, i forget. He smiled and said its fine and i loved him for being so kind. I was tired and hungry. I was drained out of life. I wanted to sit and introspect. I was thinking why all this has been happening to me since long. There is nothing in my mind which keeps me occupied then why does this happen. Why cant i be more careful. Why cant i do things picture perfect and i was crying and crying and crying. I had been on my feet for 2 hours now, it is extremely hot, i have missed upon my work and i dont want to sit, its a punishment for me. AND i am not forgetting anything, anymore. Huh! Lost in the thoughts, i started walking out, when the waiter came and said Maam, bill? I said i told you, you did not have to add to my misery.

:)

7 comments:

Santosh said...

LOL ! Its a relief that you remember what you forgot atleast :-)

Else it would be so wierd, You know you forgot your laptop, but u dont know where :-) how would dat be !! he he

Mita said...

:D .. very funny ..
If only we could choose what we want to forget !

Mita said...

:D hehehe..
If only we could choose what we want to forget this skill would become quite handy!

Bornloser said...

that was quite touchy :)

you need to watch the movie "Sunday". The protagonist in that movie also had a similar problem.

Garima Ganeriwala said...

@ Prashant,
Hopefully the woman did not forget the laptop. It would have costed me a fortune and definitely not at time when i am going bankrupt. :)

@Santoz
I guess if i reach that stage, i will have to park myself in mental asylum. :)

@Mita
You hit at the right place as always. :)

Bornloser said...

i forgot the adapter of my laptop today.. and when i realized that i have forgotten it, i immediately thought of this post of urs :(

Garima Ganeriwala said...

Oops!!
Did i inspire you? :)Hope things were not as bad for you.