Friday, February 15, 2008

The Celebration of Love!!

Valentine's as they call it. :) I leave my cell phone at home as my mum is visiting me. I received a call from mum in afternoon that i have 10 calls and many smses. I asked her to read couple of them to me. OOPS!! Its a day to remember and celebrate love. I said ok mum, forget it. You know its like friendship day, mum's day, they have this lover's day and people wish. Nothing important. I kept the receiver and thought i love my mum, she is at home all alone because of me. Her being around me makes me happy. She is my strength, mum and papa have given me everything i ever dreamt of. And this is day to express love. None of those 10 calls or smses deserve the acknowledgement because its a day for special ones. Hmm.. i called back. Mum, we will go out for dinner tonight. She, sweet as usual, no i will cook something, we will go out on weekend. I said no, we will go today, plz.
We went to a nice restaurant and settled for a candle lit dinner. She told me about my child hood days and things which i used to do. How my brother used to love me a lot, how we used to fight. How dear i was to my papa. I looked around. I showed some people to mum. A guy was standing on door for say 40 minutes with roses, but his gf did not turn up. There was guys who gifted a rose to a gal, which was lying on floor. There was a guy with his girl friend, but he was busy looking at all the gals on the floor.
I asked mum, if they had valentine's day. She said no. I said look at people around. They say its day to express love. Its good. Fanatics and political parties object. For some people its a day to be happy, for some its a day to be sad. You like it? She said yes. Then, whom do you love most mum? She said since you are youngest and papa loved you the most, everyone loves you the most. I knew i had to celebrate this day with her. :)
We were walking back and i stopped at cake shop, i said we will eat something here. She smiled and said ok. We had a nice time. Probably after years, i had a date with mum. Since long i have been struck in work, this and that. It was wonderful to relive some moments. I think i will definitely make it a point to wish her every year and let her know that i love her a lot.
This is mum. She comes to my home and everything is organized. I get to eat good food. I cant rush out of home without breakfast, even if that means i miss by bus. For her, important is me, she dsnt care which meeting is on hold. And the most wonderful part is when she gives me soaked almonds in my hand saying that they are important for good health. I hug her and say, almonds dont make people healthy. She says, they do, you dont understand. I understand mum, i ate those almonds thats why i stand and do whatever i do and will do whatever i will do for rest of my life. Thanks!! :)