Monday, December 21, 2009

Difficult to let go..

There are some things in life which become an intergral part of life and even before you realize you just know that they are difficult to let go. One doll that i bought assuming i will get a rank 1 but i got a rank 2, you know how much i loved it for years?? My cousin broke an eye of my tall doll and me, generally known to be a non violent and non controversial kid, just gave him two tight slaps and did not know if even that was enough to cover up the loss. :P The broken doll stayed in my home till i went for my graduation and no one dared to touch it as they thought this could awaken the hidden violence in me. :D
Similarly, my best pals, i love them. Everyone knows i love them, and i never thought why and when that happened, i just know that sometimes it hurts to see them off on airport. Its not something new, i have been accustomed to letting go, but now i realize that with all the efforts, sometimes it is difficult to let people go.
Family, dearest to me. I have been away from my home for years now. Everytime i have to visit home, i am excited just the way my 4 year old nephew is and till date something within kills when i board the flight back to work.
India, i have been born and brought up here. I love every struggle involved, every problem at hand. Thats been my way of living and life for years now. Its time when i might have to move and i just know that its so difficult to let it go. I remember crying when my cousin broke the eye of my doll, dad consoled me and told that he will get a new one. I said its not about a better doll or new doll, i have invested time and love in it, it hurts to leave somethings you loved so much. Dad understood, he got me a 100 dolls after that, but the hurt doll never lost its place in my home. He always kept it at top and told me there are somethings difficult to let go and its good to come back to them. You dont leave things when you find better ones, you only love them more because they have made themselves imp enough in your life to let go.

2 comments:

sanzzz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Garima Ganeriwala said...
This comment has been removed by the author.