Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The land beneath my feet..

This is one off cases in life.. The land beneath my feet was just swiped away in a moment.. I was speechless and for one of the few times in life i did not negotiate and question because person infront was brutually honest.. I did not know what was it all about but i could see the strength of character and determination which i thought exists only in books.. Honesty and passion to do something in life which was not something i had seen in many.. I realized that you might have never had tea all your life because you dont like it, but then there will be some people who will not ask you for it and say this is all i have to offer you and you will know that this is something you cant deny because thats really all that anyone could ever offer to you..
I was asked my a frend to help a frend setup some new venture.. I am not a pro, i thought i will be just one brain added, but i will try.. The discussion went on for 3 hours.. During the discussion i just realized that its so much fun to talk to honest and passionate people.. There is a balance of opinion, there is acceptance and challenging.. And then there is so much of care for every word and learning and denial.. I was not working for a multi million dollar firm with no value for time and effort, i was talking to a human who has dreams and then the person realized that i had been sitting for 3 hours and all that was on offer was tea which could be prepared.. I was asked for tea and i know i dont have tea, but i could not say no, there were no vending machines, will this person make tea for me?? Yes, no work is small and no human is less than special.. As i was handed over the cup of tea, i realized that it was the most precious drink i have ever had..
Time for me to be ruthless.. What if you FAIL?? I dont work to fail and frankly failure does not know me.. I graduated from top b school in world, worked for the best firm, took a call on taking my own path, not to faill.. If i were to fail all these people would not have taken a chance on me and you would not have spent the time that u did and if you were to fail i would not have talked to you for more than 10 mins.. trust me we cant fail.. we can only do well or very well.. HMMM. they look like words to me, data?? Market?? The person opened the plan and i saw the kind of details which left me aghast..
Who did i meet? A character from a novel, or was it a real human? I have not seen such strong elements of confidence, intelligence, honesty and humility in one person at such a young age and with accomplishments to die for. I just realized, there are some people who will take away the land beneath your feet, not with the fancy things, but sheer stroke of honesty and no frills to offer.. Hats Off !!

No comments: