Sunday, March 2, 2008

Letter from Brain to Heart!!

Dear Heart,

It has always been nice to see you pondering, flowing, and giving extreme emotions to the owner you belong to. Its fun that while you are supposed to pump blood and have skinny red color and wierd shape, still people have made you rose red and given you nice sweet shape. You are supposed to take everything that i keep on track, off track. You are supposed to make people cry and happy. You are the dreamer, creator and destroyer. I know you pump blood and i am supposed to think, but still you rule and for once in life i want to tell you that i love you and i envy the amount of emotions that you carry.
I work day in and day out, do not let the body sleep, scan through million newspapers, filter knowledge. I am taking my owner to a world where knowledge and intelligence further widens my span. I think, i filter, i analyse, i give a good amount of rationale and logic to my owner. The owner who uses me is always balanced and thanks me. The usage keeps on increasing and i take pride in being right.
Then one fine day, you step in. You are indeed someone who can destroy my hard work part by part. By the time i realize, you have already done enough harm to me. I feel bad and sad, but i know that i will wait for your game to get over. I can not fight it, till the impact is large enough to hand over control to me.
No, i am not complaining. I like you, infact i love you for all the feelings that you carry and the kind of intense moments of emotions you lend. I also want to confess that when you take over the control, i am happy to see the amount of happiness that flows because i never let anything get off balance and you just loose that balance to make life worthwhile. I like it all.
Only regret i have is, even when i know that what you are bringing together is wrong, i let you do so because i like your freedom and bent. I sit quitely and watch the games you play. I stop working for the object in question. And then when your game is over, all my inaction and laziness converts into pain. No, i am not saying that i dont like you, but i am not so sure that you mean a lot to me anymore and i dont think i am letting you impact me blindly. I will not be lazy and i will not regret. You are supposed to pump blood and i am supposed to think. When i think and decide, you can decide the amount of emotions you want to flow around.
My job is to think. I will think as long as i am alive. Love is not about hearts, its also about brains who match. Hearts faulter, brains dont and even if they do, the reasoning exists.

I know you are powerful, but then i am rational. You have a role to play only when i let you play.

With due respect to everything that you are, i am not letting you take over me, you will compliment me when i let you do so.

Yours truly,
Brain

2 comments:

sanzzz said...

Good one!! BUT, are you angry with heart. Poor thing seems to have received a letter stating mind your own business. Its not all that bad.

Garima Ganeriwala said...

No, i am not angry with anything. Just a thought. :)