Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And i had fun again!! :)

Its one of my close freinds bday today. She decided to throw a theme party on birthday eve and we had a great time organizing the same. We decided on theme to be hawaii and prepared for the same end to end. Lil planning, making the list etc. Doing this was just too much of entertainment. Its just that every happiness needs to be celebrated. :)
Last night was fun. I had always heard about her new freinds in various discussions, but this time i was meeting them i person. Not that i knew all of them, but some were so familiar to me because they appeared in every discussion she had with me in last few years. I instantly connected with some and some remained strangers throughout the night. I usually keep smiling and eating or dancing in the parties. So, since there was no dance, no one seemed to be eating and drinking was not me, i kind of decided to chat with some well known characters. So, there was a long discussion on parvathi valley,( I dont know much about dope and hippies, so i totally enjoyed it. :)), a guy got a PVC pipe and blew it for some kind of music, and then the most interesting one was numerology. Doesn't matter you know anything or not, the astrology bit sells. So, this guy had a huge crowd of girls around him and he totally did not deserve it. :P
I am usually silent and i kind of observe the events and have fun. Yesterday too, i was siletly listenting to all, some were boasting a lot, some were too high on themselves. I kept my mouth shut and called myself jobless till one woman got over my nerves. She thought i was actually jobless, and started giving me gyaan on how being an MBA helps. I kind of enjoyed listening to it and finally told that i was a post grad from ISB and will join my new job in may end, hence jobless. The expression on her face was worth a capture. That was one moment, i wondered why is today's generation so hungry for recognition. I will never understand why does one need to sell oneself or prove oneself?? A gathering is about having fun and connecting as individuals. I really dont care what one has done or what will one do. Out of millions in life there will be 10 richest guys, 10 leaders and 10 other arbit people whom world will know and they need not spend time in marketing themselves, their actions will speak and people will follow them, rest all will die in mediocrosy boasting about themselves in places where they could have had more fun by being no one. I just believe in one thing, either do something which makes you reach the top 10 cadre, in which case, please work towards it rather than talking about it, or else live your life and enjoy it totally without bothering about people whom life you can not impact with your glory anway. :)
So, fun filled day. My friend was smiling and radient, people had fun and i am happy that i can connect the talks of my friend with faces now. :)

2 comments:

Bornloser said...

whats up??? enjoying your timeout ???

Garima Ganeriwala said...

I miss all.. :( How is life at ur end??