Saturday, April 25, 2009

The B school Blues!!

woo woo woo... Its that time of the year when new batch gets oriented and if the batch is enthu, everyone wants to be in the limelight and everone wants a position in clubs in GSB etc etc etc. So, there will be 400 out of 450 people taking the initiatives and organizing meetings. It is the funniest phase in any b school i guess. Self proclaimed leaders and then no followers. :) So, one of the new batch joinees talked about the same thing to me today, he said there are 100 meetings on GM, then corporate strategy under GM, then leadership under GM, one club has so many dimensions. Guess my answer?? I said, why dont you start"Gappe in Payjama, club and become the president of that?? " :D He thought i was kidding, i said just find out the club names of Harvard and Wharton or may be include LBS as well. They are old, so they have millions and ISB is just moving towards it. Moral of the story," Never put 20 leaders in one roof to lead, they will create more firms irrespective of their ability to generate revenue." :D
I wonder if education only means recognition and money. I wanted to study to get matured, to learn about life and people, i never thought about anything else. I was never the ambitious kinds, but i always wanted the best in life. Given a choice, i would always want to learn, i dont care if i work or not. Job and recognition is not my hunger, my quest is learning and growing. I know corporate life is all about stepping on people's toes, proving oneself and blah blah blah. I have done just well in it, but then i think i will be happy outside it some day. :) May be i will write a book or may be just work for National Geographic channel and wear shorts and t shirts and explore the world. Hmm!! So thats one stand in life i will take some time, i will create a club of my own and become its president, because it will be just me, i will lead none and i will follow none. It will be simple fun, in every little thing that i will do in life and i will just enjoy being me. :)

1 comment:

Sanjay said...

i just love the last paragraph. education should liberate you in the mind, and nowhere else.