Friday, April 24, 2009

Reading has a world of its own..

So, i have this huge collection of books which have been gifted to me by my friends and collegues. I did not find time to read much last year given tough life at b school, but now i am opening all those closets which were closed last year. I have the best collection in this world. I dont read classics but i have Les Miserables and i have some very nice and interesting non fiction ones. I will be writing my review on "India Unbound" shortly. Its time i finish off with those good ones that people gifted me at different point of time, the ones i got from my friend's library and then the ones i aspire to read. The reading bit gives you a kind of high, it kind of makes one think, though at times i am totally not in synch with what writer writes and at times i want to tell him or her that he or she is wrong, but then still there is a thought process which you kind of follow through out the life cycle of your reading.
Given that i want to write a book of my own sometime in life, i am very very critical of writings in life and i want to really see what is it in a book that keeps me hooked to it. There is no straight answer but i do feel that reality is what strikes me. The kite runner and a thousand splendid suns sell the plight hidden in reality. Then five point someone and snapshots from hell sell the reality in experiences, so is this what makes things interesting or is it the creative side of being a writer or a thinker?? Alright, takes me back to the ted talk video i have listed in my blog. Dont expect writers to be creative every time, they are human. :)
I have an answer, i think i need to go back to Scotland to write a novel :P, see JK Rowling, she is such a hit because she lives in Scotland and writes there. Remember, writer creates a world of her own and thats how reading has a world of its own.

No comments: