Saturday, April 18, 2009

In love with Alma Mater!!

So, i am usually this balanced kind of person, who does not have any extreme opinion about things in life. I am only emotional about things and people, i have decided to be emotional about. Then what happened to me now?? I went to ISB thinking it was my alma mater, i will do my MBA for one year and i always knew that i dont have to get attached to a place in one year. I just fell in love with it and this is what i realize a week after i am out of it. There is this strong feeling to go back and relive the moments. It was life lived. I miss the hard work, the long walks, the rocking parties, the familiar faces, the study table in my room, the large sized window from which life just flew by, the innumerable movies, the shopping, the eating outs, the mid night buffets, the arbit gapp session.. I dont like the fact that everything that belonged to class of 09 is now open for class of 10. Am i jealous?? Oh yes, i am. I have become possessive and irrational, exactly the state of mind i have resisted all my life, i am in love with ISB. I am jealous, i am possessive and i want it back. I want everything back and for one of the very few times in life, i dont want to move on. Nothing seems to be good enough, i just want the last one year of no sleep, Goel's food, late night talk sessions, the arbit CPs back. Its crazy to the extent that now i think i wish i had failed in my MBA and stayed back at ISB to live it one more time. Its over and its not sinking in. I dont want anything to change, i want to go back. I cant believe myself. I have always moved on in life with minimal feelings about past, but this is tough for me. I have lost my rational and practical thought process, its just the childish hunger to not let go the hold on the past. Indeed, i think i understand today that some things will just take away the ground beneath your feet, no matter however much you try to hold it. Till last day i thought, it was ok, things change, time change and people change, ISB was just of those. But it wasn't, as i sit and think, neither my heart nor my mind has moved yet, its just wandering in those corridors of learning and fun.

4 comments:

sanzzz said...

Ye lo! This is called waste of emotions. You should have wasted them on me and would have got an assured return on investment. Bola tha MBA- Fin karo, but nahi Strategy and marketing ki zid. Dekh kya ghatiya emotional investment ki hai. :D

Garima Ganeriwala said...

Tujhe bola tha ki analysis nahi kiya kar, ekdum dumbo hai. Tujh mein invest karne mein ROI negative tha, not that is case mein positive hai. :P

PARVEEN said...

A great blog.Good narration of life's 1 year experience at ISB.
May god bless you.

Ankur said...

Exactly what I am feeling :( :( -Ankur